Sexual affirmations are a powerful tool that you can use to change the way you think about sex. While sex affirmations can’t make you believe something that you inherently disagree with, they can remind you that you’re experiencing normal feelings and desires.
The power of positive affirmations lies in the new neural pathways you create when you start repeating them to yourself. They create important connections between you and the beliefs you want to develop about yourself and your sexuality.
Daily repetition of these positive affirmations is the first step to feeling confident in your sex life and gets you that much closer to being the sexual goddess you know you are.
This post is all about sexual affirmations.
1. I can create healthy sexual boundaries that benefit me and my partners.
Boundaries are crucial to every relationship and that becomes even more true when you and your partner have sex. It’s important to get comfortable with communication around sex. You and your partner need to treat your sexual relationship with as much care as you treat your romantic relationship.
2. Sexual fantasies are healthy and they can enrich my sex life.
Embrace your fantasies. They open new doors of sexual activities to explore and they may help you realize some areas of your sexual life that you need to explore more than you have in the past.
3. Sex is not a taboo topic and I should communicate with my partner about my needs and wants.
If you think sex is taboo, you have learned that from society. This affirmation will remind you that sex is natural and you should not feel ashamed to talk about it.
4. I give unconditional love to myself.
Part of unlearning harmful beliefs about your sexuality includes unlearning harmful beliefs about yourself and your relationship with yourself. This affirmation will remind you that you not only deserve unconditional love but you are capable of giving yourself unconditional love.
5. I am confident with my sexual identity and I will continue learning about my sexual identity.
You deserve to feel confident in your sexuality because it’s natural. That’s why it’s important to remember that you deserve to feel confident in learning about your sexuality.
6. I enjoy the physical act of sex and feel closer to my partner when we engage in physical intimacy.
It’s okay not to enjoy sex at all or not to enjoy it sometimes. But, it’s also important to remember that you’re allowed to enjoy sex and use it as one way to get closer to your partner.
7. I have an open mind and I’m excited by chances to explore my sexuality.
It can be scary to think of an open mind when you’re talking about sex, a topic that society says is taboo. That’s why this affirmation is an important reminder to explore your sexuality and feel confident in that exploration.
8. My partner and I have a healthy sexual relationship and we communicate about our changing needs.
Always communicate with your partner about your needs and their needs. Remember that your needs are allowed to change, so it’s a good idea to stay in contact with your partner about how you can continue to meet each other’s sexual needs.
9. I don’t feel any sexual shame because it is a natural part of being human.
It’s not your fault if you feel shame around sex. But, you can still work through that shame with this affirmation.
10. I’m worthy of love and I am wanted.
As you think about sex with someone else, you also want to make sure that you’re in the right headspace to have sex. You are worthy just by existing and this affirmation can help you believe that too.
11. I am a full-fledged human being with or without sex. Sex does not complete me, but I value it as a healthy part of my relationship.
Society can send lots of confusing messages about sex. You should be sexy and experienced while also being abstinent and uninterested in sex. This affirmation reminds you that your relationship with sex should only be what you want it to be.
12. I experience sexual attraction to many people, including my partner, and sexual attraction is normal.
Sexual attraction is complex and sometimes confusing. However, it’s natural and it’s okay to experience attraction to lots of different people even if you’re in a committed relationship.
13. Sexual arousal is healthy and normal.
When you lack experience with sex, it can be scary and confusing to deal with the physical sensations that come with sexual arousal. Remember that they are normal and positive.
14. I love exploring my own body and I enjoy finding new ways to experience pleasure.
Exploring your body is important and necessary for sexual health. Even though society makes you feel guilty for learning how to experience pleasure, you deserve to understand your body and what makes you feel good.
15. I enjoy exploring my sexual expression.
Sexuality looks different for everyone. Explore what feels authentic to you and remember that you are not responsible for adhering to society’s rules on what’s sexually acceptable.
16. I challenge negative thoughts that make me feel shame for exploring my sexuality.
It’s normal for you to experience negative thoughts about sex. You’ve been told to think about sex negatively for so long that it will take time to unlearn those harmful beliefs. This affirmation can you help get there.
17. I value sexual wellness and take care of my body.
Sexual wellness looks different for everyone. However, it does mean that practice safe sex and get tested for STDs to make sure that you are having healthy sex.
18. I am growing my sexual confidence and I enjoy telling my partner what I want.
Communicate with your partner about what makes you feel good. This affirmation can get you used to the idea of communicating with your partner while you two have sex and after you have sex.
19. My sexual pleasure matters and I communicate my sexual needs to my partner.
Your pleasure matters just as much as your partner’s. Make sure you prioritize your pleasure and find a partner who also prioritizes it.
20. I challenge the negative beliefs I have about sex and I recognize that I have learned from them a society that shames sexual experiences.
As much as it sucks that you have to deal with negative beliefs about sex you didn’t choose to learn, you owe it to yourself to challenge them.
21. I define what my sexual life looks like and enjoy exploring my sexual life with my romantic partner.
Your sexual life is what you want it to be and you deserve to feel excited about exploring your sexual desires and fantasies.
22. I have a positive self-image and feel confident in my skin.
Your body is beautiful and natural. Remind yourself of this with this affirmation because you deserve to feel confident in your skin
23. I have a passionate sex life.
While it may not be everyone’s goal to have a passionate sex life, it’s still important to remind yourself of what you do want. Use this affirmation to remind yourself that you deserve the type of sex life you want.
24. I love my beautiful body and I love myself.
Use this affirmation to remind yourself that you deserve love and that you are already worthy just by existing. Your body is beautiful and any partner who disagrees is not one that you should have sex with.
25. I’m in full control of my sexual thoughts and I’m not ashamed of my sexual desires.
It’s okay to take responsibility for your thoughts during sex. If you feel shame about your sexual thoughts, this affirmation can help remind you those thoughts are yours and there’s no reason to feel shame about them.
26. All of my sexual insecurities leave my body because I love and trust my body.
Any insecurities you have were likely taught to you by society. You deserve better and this affirmation can help you remember that.
27. I enjoy building sexual tension with my partner and value sex as an important part of our romantic relationship.
You and your partner can talk about the role of sex in your relationship. Use this affirmation as a reminder that that conversation is important and necessary.
28. I deserve to have good sex with every potential sexual partner.
If you want to have sex with someone, you deserve to enjoy that sex as much as they do. You can define enjoyment differently than others, but make sure you’re prioritizing your pleasure.
29. I appreciate positive sexual encounters without invalidating the pain I’m working through from sexual abuse.
If you’ve experienced sexual abuse, your healing process will be complicated and nonlinear. That’s okay and you need to respect your own healing journey. Let this affirmation remind you to move at the pace that’s right for you.
30. Sexual behavior is natural for human beings and I can use it to build a meaningful connection with my partner.
Sex is natural, even if society has taught you not to think of it as natural. It’s also an important way to build a stronger, more meaningful connection with your partner by connecting physically.
31. I’m in charge of my sexual identity and I am worthy regardless of my sex life.
Your sexuality is yours and that can look however you want it to. This affirmation can help remind you that your sexuality should be authentic to you, and that can be any form that feels natural.
32. My sexual desire gives me a strong sense of purpose.
Allow your sexual desire to tell you what it wants. You may not always be able to satisfy it, but it’s important to listen to it because you need to nurture your sexual desire.
33. I value my sexual health as much as I value my physical health and mental health.
Your sexual health is important. Make sure that you communicate to your doctor about safe sex and your sexual activity to take care of your body.
34. I have a strong sexual connection with myself and I’m in tune with my sexual needs.
While you want to have strong sexual connections with other people, it is equally important to understand your own sexual needs. Find ways to get more in tune with your needs.
35. I have a natural sexual energy.
If you want to have sex, you have a natural sexual energy. Trust that energy and let it guide you when you have sex.
36. I’m empowered by the kind of confident sexual energy I develop when I engage in sex.
We change during sex and we can become these entirely different people because sex brings a different, raw energy out in us. Trust it and feel the power of it.
37. I deserve to experience passionate relationships and I deserve to feel desired by my partner.
You deserve to feel desired. If your partner doesn’t make you feel desired, this is an opportunity to talk with them and learn what changes you can make in your relationship.
38. All of my sexual fears disappear when I have sex with my partner.
Your partner should make you feel safe. If that’s not happening, it’s important to ask why. It may be that they are not a safe partner or it may be that you aren’t comfortable with sex. Use this affirmation as a way to unpack that slowly.
39. My partner and I have a raw magnetic energy when we have sex and we connect on a whole new level.
Let sex take you to new places. It’s okay to let your body take over and put your mind at rest so that you can enjoy the physical act of sex with your partner.
40. The energy of desire is constantly flowing and I can access it anytime.
Instead of thinking about your desire as a finite resource, use this affirmation to remember that desire is always in flow and you can access it whenever you’d like.